No announcement yet.

Windows Firewall policy problems

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Firewall policy problems

I'm new to all this so please go easy on me. I have disabled the following entry in our group policy
    "Windows Firewall: Protect all network connections" under the domain profile as we did not want people running it while on the network. This all worked fine but after a bit we decided that we would modify the standard profile to be enabled, as this would give our guys with laptops more security when conecting up to customer networks while off site. Unfortunatly when loading up the policy editor the network conections category no longer exists. Can anyone please explain to me how I can get this to come back?

Thanks for any help you may offer

Re: Windows Firewall policy problems

and you are definitely looking in the same place as you set the policy ?

Should be Computer settings> Administrative templates > Network > Network Connections >Windows Firewall etc

Check your settings of the current firewall policy to see the path.

Definatly looking in the correct place. I no longer have Network conections or anything below that in the list. I should point out that the policy I edited was a new group policy in the OU (Sorry if I have the terminology wrong) for our office. I can still see the windows firewall options if i edit the default domain policy, I'm hesitant to change anything in this though as I don't want to mess it up for the rest of the company.

if you create a new GPO for the standard profile does it show the network connections in there?
        this way you can apply this policy for your laptop users OU ?