Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Task manager with limited Access

Hi All,

We have 2003 DC'a, and we have just upgraded our system to XenAPP6 on 2008 R2 servers. Our domain controllers are still on 2003 standard editions (32x). I have few questions can some one please advise on this:

1- Can I give users access to task manager with limted rights via group policy.( I know I can remove task manager completely)

2. Can I give access to users start menu customize properties, but again a limited access. currently run command is removed from from start menu via group policy but users have access to start menu properties and they can select run command from the customize options.

I will be very kind if some one please help me here.

Thanks

S

Re: Task manager with limited Access

You could look at Windows Preferences. That may do what you need. Also, you could look at folder redirection for the start menu but it depends on your client OS.

You will need to install GPMC as in RSAT tools on a Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 2008 OS to allow you to see preferences.

Comment

Thanks for te response,

There is nothing I can see to configure in regards to my requirment in prefrences. In order to see prefrences, it is not necessary to install RSAT, I can see from any 2008 server and customize if I want to.

Could you be more specific, what exactly I need to look/configure in prefrences?

Thanks
      S

Comment

I was double checking as you stated that you have Windows 2003 DCs.

Not sure whether it is possible for point 1 to use perferences. Point 2 can probably be achieved through Start Menu redirection but it depends on your client OS. What are you running?

Comment

Working...
        X