Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic detect settings GPO

Hi!

I use a small tutorial to configure a GPO for automatic detect settings. My proxy server use wpad.dat file and most of the clients are window 7.

It looks like GPO is not working fine. I unchecked my automatic detect settings and restarted my computer but it didnt take the GPO settings as automatic detect settings was not checked. I used gpupdate /force but it didnt work.

What should i do to make it working.

Regards,

Re: Automatic detect settings GPO

Can anyone helpe me in this?

Regards,

Comment

Look at using RsOP and running the gpresult /v >GPOs.txt command locally on the machine where the GPO should be taking effect.

Where have you applied the policy within the AD structure?

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

We have workstation OU and i am applying the GPO on it.

Comment

I would verify that the settings are in the Computer section and/or Loopback processing is enabled in merge mode, if it has to be applied at that level and to apply as a user setting and confirm if the policy is actually applying to the machine using RsOP feature within GPMC and/or runnign the gpresult command with appropriate switches.

Comment

Its under user configuration.

user configuration -> window settings -> internet explorer maintenance -> connection -> automatic detect settings

Comment

As you applying a user setting to a workstations OU, assumed that contains computer objects, you will need to enable Loopback processing in merge mode. The setting should then hopefully work.

Comment

Working...
              X