Security Filters with Computer Groups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Filters with Computer Groups

I have a 2008 R2 domain and I am trying to apply GPOs to our domain with security filters.

Primarily, I am mapping shared printers through GPO user preferences.

It works with no security filters, it works when I add a user/group to the security filter. It works when I add a single computer object to the security filter.

However, if I create a security group, add the necessary computer accounts to that group, then apply that computer security group to the filter, it breaks the GPO. But if I go back and add the same computers directly to the filter and remove the group, the GPO works like a champ.

Why is security filtering not processing the group with the computer accounts placed into it?
    MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Re: Security Filters with Computer Groups

All the security filtering does is amends the ACL in the security tab of the GPO and assigns Read and apply group policy permission to the group. Can you confirm that the group has got those two permissions? If so try to enable debug logging to have a better idea: http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/arc...-the-rsat.aspx
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: Security Filters with Computer Groups

I guess some walking away from the computer did it for me. I came back and applied both the user group and the computer group and it worked fine for me.

I had only tried to add only the computer group in the past.

Not sure what the difference is with the user group though.
      MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

Working...
      X