GPO MSI Switches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO MSI Switches

I feel like an idiot asking this because I am betting the answer is simple and I just can not see it. However how do you add switches when deploying MSI packages via GPO on a server 2008 system? I add the GPO under Computer Configuration/Policies/Software Settings/Assigned Application, but I need to put a /norestart switch on it and frankly... I am stumped at how to do this. HELP!

Thanks in advance for the help,
    Two things:
    1) If I wrote something wrong please please please let me know. I want to know ESPECIALLY if I am wrong.
    2) I have a tendency to write things that are misconstrued as being agressive or not so pleasant. That is not my intent.

Re: GPO MSI Switches

I don't think you can via Software Installation unless you edit or repackage the MSI so it doesn't require a restart.
    The alternative would be to do it via a logon or startup script:
    Code:
    msiexec -i "\\server\share\app.msi" /qb /norestart
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: GPO MSI Switches

Ok apparently the above post is correct from what I can also tell the only way to do this is to use a transform.

Thanks for the help L4ndy!

Loren
      Two things:
      1) If I wrote something wrong please please please let me know. I want to know ESPECIALLY if I am wrong.
      2) I have a tendency to write things that are misconstrued as being agressive or not so pleasant. That is not my intent.

Comment

Working...
      X