Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deploying software via GP (again)

Hi folks,

can someone advise me, what would be the easiest way to deploy .MSI, .MSP and registry settings via Group Policy?

I tried to slipstream .msp into administrative install of .msi but that doesn't work for some reason in my case. I might be doing it wrong... so if you have some intructions shoot.

Can I incorporate .msp into .msi via ORCA? How?
    Can I use vbs to install .msi, .msp and than to apply reg settings? Can someone point me to script?

Thanks for your time...

Re: Deploying software via GP (again)

The first few links here look useful:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...meta=&aq=f&oq=
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Believe me I checked before... like I said, slipstream doesn't work for me.

When I perform administrative install, msiexec /a setup.msi, and than msiexec /a setup.msi /p patch.msp as a result, i have folder with setup.msi (much smaller than original one) and folders from the patch with it?!
      Should I consider this to be pathced .msi and use it?

Comment

What software are you trying to deploy?
        Have you successfully deployed software by a GPO previously?

Please provide more information about your setup/configuration and what exactly you have done.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yes, I deployed stuff via GPO previously.

I am trying to deploy Passlogix SSO agent.

Can someone confirm, when you slipstream .msp to .msi, what is the result. Just a single .msi file, or like in my case, .msi + many install folders (program files...)?

Comment

Don't know your app but when I did Office 2007 and "slipstreamed" the *.msp Updates into the Updates Folder, it left a bunch of files and did not intergrate into the install files as per an O/S Service Pack slipstream.
            Hope that makes sense.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X