• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Roaming Profile for different domain

Hello to everyone

I have this situation:

- domain A with AD 2003 and user account defined with roaming user profile
    - domain B where I have some application that need to be used from user in the domain A.

I need that when user logon to the pc in the domain B create a new roaming profile into a file server in the domain B. This, of course, withouth change the configuration of the user in the domain A.
    I don't need just redirect some folder, but I need the whole profile should be created into my file server, starting from local pc default user.
    I didn't find a GP that do what I need, but I wonder if there is maybe some kind of script that is able to "see" that user is logging to domain B and so create the roaming profile in a specific location.

Anyone had a similar situation?

PS: Domain A and B are trusted of course.

Thank you

Re: Different Roaming Profile for different domain

Hi,

Where you existing GP are linked to for domain user A are linked to ?
    Thanks & Regards
    v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect
    Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

GP are linked on Domain A where users are located.

Of course I can create GP on domain B to apply to computer in domain B, but untiul now I wasn't able to find a way to get what I need with GP.
      Do you know if exist a specific GP template to do it?

thank you

Comment

I think of course the big issue here is, are the domains in a trust relationship?

because to my mind, the simplest method would be an account in each domain, with the same username.
        then for domaina, set the roaming profile on the user properties (tsprofile tab) and same for domainb.

that way, each domain will refer to it's own user properties for the user object..

if you see where i'm comin from ?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

OP says the domains "are trusted"
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes, domain are trusted, this is not the problem.

Problem is that I need a different roaming profile when I log into a pc in the domain B with account created in domain A.

I don't think this is possible throught GPO... at least I didn't find a way to do it with GPO.

Some of you have experience about scripts or others way to apply to logon in domain B and so set a different path for roaming profile?

thank

Comment

Hi,

are these domain in same forest, same site,what kind of trust do you have between A and B domains, can users logon on either of the domain and vice versa

what do you think about just keeping single profile irrespective of user logons to domain A or B by applying GPO to site (if both domains are in the same site)
              Thanks & Regards
              v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
              Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
              Independent IT Consultant and Architect
              Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Working...
              X