New GPO required to increase cache credentials for disconnected laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GPO required to increase cache credentials for disconnected laptop

I am trying to create a new GPO for laptop computers that are not connected to the Domain. There are many users of these few laptops and I need to create a GPO that will increase the "Cached credentials" only for the selected systems.

When I have created this the higher level GPO is blocking the policy since it is at the top and I am not sure how to create a policy that will not be blocked by the top level GPO.

Re: New GPO required to increase cache credentials for disconnected laptop

Hi,

Create a loopback policy with merge option. This will help you.
    Thanks & Regards
    v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect
    Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Can you provide more details as to how to do this?

Comment

Are the laptops domain members but aren't always connected to the domain or are they in a workgroup? Furthermore, if they are domain members, will they be connecting to receive the new policy? If they are in a workgroup, gpedit.msc can be used and the appriate setting configured.

Loopback process in merge mode will allow any user logging onto the laptop to have the required setting. You enable this feature via the Computer configuration section of the GPO.

Path to setting: Administrative templates, System, Group Policy.

Enable the 'Use Group Policy Loopback Processing mode' and set to 'merge'.

You then configure the relevant user and computer settings applicable to all users of the laptop.

Comment

Thanks for all your help..I will be testing this over the next few days

Comment

moved ----> to GPO forum.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
            and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
            X