gpo adn user

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gpo adn user

when I use "gpm result" of Group Policy Management appear to me that users have been deleted from PC by removing the directory and not remove from "Proprety of computer....Remove Profile"
    how to clean it on PC ?? how utility or what are the key in regedit ??
    thank

Re: gpo adn user

uhm.. if i understand what you're referring to, it's not really a big deal.

however, the HIVE you want is under hkey_users
    you'd just need to identify all the relevant sids (research user2sid) and then delete the hives that belong to each sid.

for instance, on my laptop i have:
    hkey_users\
    .default
    s-1-5-18
    s-1-5-19
    s-1-5-20
    s-1-5-21-very-long-string
    s-1-5-21-very-long-sting_classes
    s-1-5-22-very-long-strong
    s-1-5-22-ver-long-string_classes

I know from experience that the shorter SIDs are what we call well-known security identifiers -you don't want to delete them. Nor do you want to delete default.

in my case, there are two SIDs. I'm too lazy to type the whole thing, but let's just assume that s-1-5-22-longstring is a user called "thecamel" and s-1-5-21--long-string is a user called "thehorse"

I decide i no longer want user "thehorse" so I delete s-1-5-22-very-long-string and s-1-5-22-very-long-string_classes.

Of course, I'd back up the registry hives first, to ensure I didn't break something.

Are you really that concerned about the fact that userdata folders have been removed, but registry hives still exist?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
    X