How to Disable New Email Alerts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Disable New Email Alerts

I am trying to find a way to disable the new email alerts pop-up that you get.

I am trying to do it for Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007.

Re: How to Disable New Email Alerts

tools > options > email options > advanced email options.

ie - i'm pretty sure it's an outlook profile basd thing, rather than a gpo
    Last edited by tehcamel; 21st October 2010, 08:18.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      tools > options > email options > advanced email options.

ie - i'm pretty sure it's an outlook profile basd thing, rather than a gpo

I know how to disable it manually but i want to disable it for all of the machines (500) in our company. I thought GPO would be able to do it.

Comment

see if you can find a rlevant outlook ADM template
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I know the registry entry "NewmailDesktopAlerts" is setting the checkmark in Outlook 2007.
          The value can set to 0 by a GPO.
          Run a test whether or not this is sufficient to disable the new-mail-popup.

If the clients all have the Group Policy Preference Client Side Extensions, then use "Preferences" to update the registry item.
          Else, run this logonscript,
          Code:
          rem Outlook 2007
          Reg.exe QUERY "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preferences" &&(
          Reg.exe ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preferences" /v "NewmailDesktopAlerts" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f )

rem Outlook 2003
          Reg.exe QUERY "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Preferences" &&(
          Reg.exe ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Preferences" /v "NewmailDesktopAlerts" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f )
          (where /d 0 is Off and /d 1 is On.)

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
          and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
          X