No announcement yet.

updating ADMX

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• updating ADMX

I need to turn on Internet Explorer Enterprise Mode.

Found couple of good articles related to config and use of it. So I started with opening GPO console.

1. under needed GPO - Internet Explorer I didn't find Use the Enterprise Mode IE website list

Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Use the Enterprise Mode IE website list

2. I found the KB containing needed setting (should be latest available) (

This page provides the Group Policy Administrative Template files for Internet Explorer
    • Details Version:

File Name:

Date Published:

File Size:
      1.9 MB
    3. Before installing inetres.admx following instructions below I found an existing inetres.admx file under c:\Windows\PolicyDefinition

1. is there any chance that after UPDATING (in instructions below it says "update") previous inetres.admx I will loose some old settings in ADMX template?
    Is update mean "merging" previous and a new one or it is just replacement?
    2. how can I check the version of existing admx vs a new one that I want to bring into the picture?

INSTALLATION instructions coming with Internet Explorer ADMX
    Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, and Windows Server 2008 SP2:
        1. Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
        2. Save the ZIP to a directory on your computer.
        3. From an elevated command prompt, use the following command to update the inetres.admx file:
          • copy /y %WINDIR%\KB2841134\inetres.admx %SYSTEMROOT%\PolicyDefinitions\inetres.admx
        4. From an elevated command prompt, use the following command to update the inetres.adml file for the targeted languages:
          • copy /y %WINDIR%\KB2841134\<LanguageCode>\inetres.adml %SYSTEMROOT%\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\<LanguageCode>\inetres.adml
          • In the previous command, replace <LanguageCode> with one of the supported languages, using the xx-XX value.
            • cs-CZ: Czech - Czech Republic
            • da-DK: Danish - Denmark
            • de-DE: German - Germany
            • el-GR: Greek - Greece
            • en-US: English - United States
            • es-ES: Spanish - Spain

Last edited by mla; 10th August 2016, 02:55.
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis