Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User in AD can't login to different site. only log in to the same site where created

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User in AD can't login to different site. only log in to the same site where created

Good day all,

First I'm glad to join this site and to be an active user with you all.

As per my knowledge any user will be created in the AD under any OU in the same domain can login to any site related to the same domain. Please correct me if I was wrong

I have one environment which have more than one site and I have workstation OU and users OU under every site. If the user1 which has been created under site1 tried to login to any PC in site1 he will be able to login but in case user1 tried to login to any pc in Site2, he will not be able to login. Both Sites (site1 and site2) are in the same domain. There is no issue with the replication between the sites. Everything is OK but on person has changed something in the GPO to apply it like that.

Any one please can advice how can we apply this policy and remove it.

Note: the domain is windows 2003 R2 and all clients are windows XP sp3.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Re: User in AD can't login to different site. only log in to the same site where crea

You cannot create OUs within a site, only in the domain, so I presume you have
    DOMAIN
    >>>>SITE OU
    >>>>>>>>>>>>WORKSTATION OU
    >>>>>>>>>>>>USERS OU

Can you try an RSoP for a site 1 user on a site 2 PC and post up the results?
    Can domain admins log in at all sites?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: User in AD can't login to different site. only log in to the same site where crea

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

I have like this domain structure test.com and under this domain i have OU called testUsers

+TestUsers:
      -Site1
      -Users_1
      -Users_2
      -Site2
      -Users_3
      -users_4

+Testmachines
      -Site1
      -machine_1
      -machine_2
      -Site2
      -machine_3
      -machine_4

I'm able to login with admin users to all the sites. but with users created under Site1>>Users_1 or Users_2 i'm not able to login to any machine in Site2

Hope this is will be more clear.

Regards,

Comment

This is the stracture for my AD again as in case the old one wasn't clear enough

+TestUsers:
        >>Site1
        >>>>>>>>>>Users_1
        >>>>>>>>>>Users_2
        >>Site2
        >>>>>>>>>>Users_3
        >>>>>>>>>>users_4

+Testmachines
        >>Site1
        >>>>>>>>>>machine_1
        >>>>>>>>>>machine_2
        >>Site2
        >>>>>>>>>>machine_3
        >>>>>>>>>>machine_4

As i have descriped before, users in site1 can access the machines in only site 1 and not the other sites. it's the same for users in Site2, they can access the machines in only site 2. i just want to know what is the policy applied here.

Best regards,

Comment

As I have asked before, can you please post a RSoP for a user from Site1 connecting to a computer in Site2
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X