Computer Policy deploy to some computers in OU but not all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Policy deploy to some computers in OU but not all

I have a GP to shut down computers at a certain time.(adds a scheduled task to shut down) Now I need to figure out how to push that out to most but not all of our computers. Is ther a way I can apply it to an OU but exclude some PC's there in. For example I can apply a user policy GP to all users but create a group with users I want excluded and go into delegation and deny read to that policy to that group. Can this be done in some way for computers?

Create a security group for the computers in question. Add the computer accounts to the security group. Remove Authenticated Users from the Security Filtering of the GPO. Add the security group to the Security Filtering of the GPO. Reboot the computers.

Comment

Heres the problem I'm trying to overcome. They will want me to apply this to all PC's then later people will submit the list of ones they want excluded. The problem I am having is that once the task is applied removing them from the policy or even the test OU I am using does not remove the task. Even a new policy with the setting to delete that task doesn't seem to work.SO if I push out this policy I have no way of undoing it.

Comment

Originally posted by jason0923 View Post
        Heres the problem I'm trying to overcome. They will want me to apply this to all PC's then later people will submit the list of ones they want excluded. The problem I am having is that once the task is applied removing them from the policy or even the test OU I am using does not remove the task. Even a new policy with the setting to delete that task doesn't seem to work.SO if I push out this policy I have no way of undoing it.
        OK, that's a distinctly different issue from the one you originally presented in your question.

Comment

Not really perhaps I phrased it oncorrect;ly

Comment

Working...
          X