Drives mapping; printers are not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drives mapping; printers are not

Okay, it's just for one user, but I can't figger it out. Last week, all the GPO pushed printers for this users started showing as offline. Reboots and gpupdate /force doesn't help. But, like I said, her policy mapped drives are showing up. Huh? Anyone seen this? Fixed it?

W7 64; 2008 R2.

Thanks

Have you tried removing the printers via Control Panel as well?
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Was the user working previously? Did you recently add or change the printer configuration in Group Policy?

Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Hi Guys:

Thanks for chiming in.

Jeremy first: Yes, the user was fine until about 2 weeks ago. Nope, no policy changes at all.

Blood: No, I didn't. I like that idea, though. I'll give it a shot when I get to the office.

Keeps those ideas coming, guys!

Comment

Yo, Blood...

So, yeah...no. Even when I make the user a local admin, you cannot delete printers pushed out by policy. Bummah.

Thanks

Comment

Have you used RSoP to check the policies are being correctly applied? Has the user's account been added/removed from a security group etc?

Comment

Well...turns out, the stupid print spooler service got disabled or something; I forget exactly what my admin said. But it was the spooler service. Thanks all for jumping in!

Comment

Damn! Occam's Razor strikes again! Thanks for posting back with the cause of this.

Comment

Working...
                X