Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing personalization options in AD

Hi all.

I've just replaced our two old DC's with two new 2008 R2 DC's. I'm in the process of setting up some new Group policies and want to restrict users desktop themes which I should be able to do with the personalization section of a GPO.

However when i run gpmc I have no options for personalization only a folder called display.

In short i'm missing User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Personalization

anyone have any idea's why this would be ?

Thanks in advance

++Edit Does anyone know the specific ADMX file for desktop Personalization? So I can look in my policydefinitions folder to ensure it is present. ++
    Last edited by marcus_; 12th August 2010, 12:21. Reason: Extra question

Re: Missing personalization options in AD

Did you turn on the group policy central store?
    What's your OS?
    What policy template packages have you added so far?

Comment

Re: Missing personalization options in AD

Originally posted by marcus_ View Post
      ++Edit Does anyone know the specific ADMX file for desktop Personalization? So I can look in my policydefinitions folder to ensure it is present. ++
      The name of the template file is ControlPanelDisplay.admx.

The location of where the admx files shouldbe found depends on whether you are using a central store or not (is shown in text after 'Administrative Templates' between parenthesis).
      locally stored: c:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions
      central store: \\domain_FQDName\sysvol\domain FQDName\Policies\PolicyDefinitions

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
      X