Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO error (Administrative templates)

Hello,

I am dealing with a wsus error, but I think (not sure) it may come down to this gpo related issue.

When I edit any gpo and go to "Administrative templates", just when I click on the cross beside "Administrative templates" (whether it is in the user or the computer side) , two pop-ups appear, which I attach.

I am really stuck, it says something about an "adm" file, it seems like a programming problem, and besides, it happens with all the gpos and in both sides: Computer or user configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files
    -
    Madrid (Spain).

The adm template is an add in to group policy to add functionality - I presume this one was installed when you set up WSUS, and is now corrupt

You should be able to find it here, redownload and import into group policy:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...s.aspx?id=6243
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Wow, that was quick and helpful !

I did not know much about the adm templates being an "add" an extra feature.

SO GRATEFUL!
      -
      Madrid (Spain).

Comment

A question arises though:

I am downloading the ADMX files from here ( http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=14355 ) because this lab is 2008-based (not R2).

There are two msi files, and when I execute "2008ADMX.msi" in the pdc emulator domain controller, it installs it in a local directory (c: ... ) , but then...will replication make those ADMX files available for the other domain controllers, by placing those files in the sysvol share?

Thanks once more.
        -
        Madrid (Spain).

Comment

Yes and no....
          The settings (registry settings) are propagated, but the descriptions etc for the template are not unless you set up a central admin template store ()
          This is a difference between new (admx) GPOs and older (adm) templates
          Last edited by Ossian; 25th September 2015, 14:27.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossian.

When I post a question here, normally I also google it, often times before posting it.

I came across a link with an explanation about a central store for the templates, before you kindly replied. I read it but did not apply it, for now.

Thanks a lot!
            -
            Madrid (Spain).

Comment

Working...
            X