Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winning Local GPOs

Hi.

during GPO troubleshooting my colleague found bunch of LOCAL GPOs as winning in Resultant... (see screenshot).
    Our workstations park is W7. They are deployed from MDT2013. I created last image that was captured from clean Windows 7 Pro VM (installation source MS Volume License ISO).
    Sure that I didn't touch Local GPOs before capturing. It was a virgin W7 install. The guy compared Resultant GPO for computers deployed from previous image and not seeing these winning Local GPOs. So he kind of blames my new image...
    I just took a quick look on winning GPO and see that they are actually doing good job from security perspective.
    The question:
    what could be the mistery of these Local GPOs? Were they coming from? Could they be predefined in Domain GPO that configures Local?
    Thanks.

Attached Files
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

I can see the problem, the GPO can't make up its mind if it is supposed to be English or French. (Sorry....)

Did you Sysprep the image BEFORE deploying? I have something in the back of my mind that Sysprep reverts GPOs back to OOB Experience. Just can't remember for certain about it though.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yehh... users are running French OS. And there is a mix of both languages for system folders and etc... but I guess my screenshot is comprehensive even with the mix
      Sure during the capture process MDT2013 syspreps the OS before capture. So your thought is very close to be true. The machines that were deployed with MDT2012 doesn't have these GPO.
      It could be that MDT 2013 syspreps the machine in a different way.
      Now I will ask on MDT forum because it could be related to what you are saying.
      Thanks!
      "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

posted the question on MDT forum. Have some interesting discussions. There are things to check. Still is a mystery...
        If interesting and have time it is here:
        https://social.technet.microsoft.com...2013?forum=mdt

Comment

Have never used MDT, just Ghost and WDS so I have no more ideas. I read the link and yes, that was interesting. Did you add the ApplyGPOPack=NO even though it is MDT 2013?
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X