How to configure Desktop recording in GPO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure Desktop recording in GPO

I want to know the settings for desktop recording in GPO can you provide me the settings i am using windows server 2008

Are you talking about audio redirection in a terminal server session? If so, plenty of help on
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=co...oBA&gws_rd=ssl

If "Desktop Recording" means something else in this instance, please explain a little bit more what you mean
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I want to record my staff activity for 8 hours from their computer so if i want to review the staff productivity i can see them.

Comment

Boy, I'd hate working for you. Do you stand over their shoulders all day and watch them work to make sure they're productive? Are these employees adults or are they a bunch of kids that need your constant supervision? Recording their desktop sessions has nothing to do with measuring their productivity, it has to do with treating your employees like untrustworthy children and monitoring everything they do. If I was your employee and I found out you were trying to do this I'd flip you the middle finger and then I'd quit.

Comment

I agree completely with Joe, and would worry about YOUR productivity if all you are doing is monitoring your staff.

AFAIK there is no native way to do anything like this in Windows, although there are third party applications such as Net Monitor which will do something similar.

You would also need legal advice on the lawfulness - in your country - and ethics - of such monitoring
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Joe i trust my staff and respect them but there are times they are playing games and watching movie and browsing facebook during office hours all i want is to remind them. Ossian i am using net monitor for more than one year and THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY TO MY POST i am looking forward to post more. We have ERP oracle program by my colleague, we are using MS exchange, We have several office linked together,

Comment

I am now confused. f you are already using Net Monitor, what was the point of the original post, which certainly implied you were looking for a desktop recording solution?
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Block streaming media, Facebook and games on your network.

Comment

Our much revered Overlord was involved with Observe IT which may be worth a look. Not free but there was mention of a trial, no wrong [EDIT] there is a trial version AND a Demo. If Daniel was involved with this product then I believe it should be more than suitable for your needs. I have no idea on the cost or what it would take to fit into your existing infrastructure.

Failing that, do as Wullie suggests and block the unwanted/distracting apps and games. You might also consider an IT Code of Conduct or whatever it is called and get every staff member to read, sign and return a copy to you so they can't say they were not aware of the rules. This could also be added to your orientation package for new employees.

I for one will disagree with my colleagues and their above comments about working for you. It is your company and if staff are goofing off in your time and costing you money then you have every right to monitor their online activities. If you have any vacancies then I am more than happy to be spied upon.
                  Last edited by biggles77; 1st June 2015, 07:15. Reason: Add info
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

While it's ideal to not have to monitor employees, I have several clients that find they need to. We have used SpectorSoft products and they are very comprehensive. Can gather pretty much any aspect of computer usage.
                    Regards,
                    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                    X