Upgrading to 2007 via GPO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to 2007 via GPO

All our users have 2003 installed by GPO and works fine.

We're in the process of configuring a policy to upgrade these to 2007 and have experienced poor outcomes using the upgrade path via GPO, as well as having random results. We've scrapped this idea because it just doesn't do what it says on the tin

To that we decided to invoke the setup /admin and utilize the old customisation tool which creates an MSP file.

I ran this command from the server setup.exe /adminfile owep2007.MSP to upgrade a client and it worked a treat but apart from executing from a login script I can find no way of running it once from GPO.

We also only want to run it once or to check if the client has been upgraded so does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

Mark

Re: Upgrading to 2007 via GPO

You need to create a batch file along these lines (excuse my scripting):

Code:

If exist "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11" goto Exit
    goto Install

Install:
    \\server\setup.exe /adminfile owep2007.MSP 

Exit:
    Exit
    This needs to go as a computer Startup script. Also, you'd need to enable the Maximum wait time for GP scripts setting and set it to 0.
    This is found on:
    Computer Configuration/Admin templates/System/Scripts

MOD Note: Moved to the GPO forum for now but it could be moved to scripting if needed.
    Last edited by L4ndy; 9th July 2010, 13:34.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: Upgrading to 2007 via GPO

Thanks, that's what I went for in the end and simply added it to our existing login script (we use KIX)

Comment

Working...
      X