Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving 'Documents and Settings' for *all users*

Hi,
    I'm setting up a single syspreped image that I can deploy to all our machines.
    I'd like to point the 'Documents and Settings' folder to D:\Home\%username% for anyone that logs in, since we backup the D:\Home directory on all workstations.

I know you can change the location of 'Doc and Setts' to anywhere on a profile by profile basis, but I'd really like anyone who logs in to have it automatically in D:\Home.

Group Policy isn't an option either, for a number of reasons.

I read once that it could be done through a scripted install (but of course, now I can't find that reference). Does anyone know if that's true? Google has let me down here....

Thanks in advance.
    Jerome.

Re: Moving 'Documents and Settings' for *all users*

I don't think you can moved the entirity of "Documents and Settings" ?

You can redirect My Documents though if you wish, or if you require the entire users profile to be on your network then why not use Roaming profiles, that's what it's there for.

topper
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Thanks topper,
      So how do I redirect "My Documents"? That would be a start, although I'm still talking about the default location for all users who log in, not configured individually.

Regards,
      Jerome.
      Last edited by Jerome; 11th September 2005, 06:29.

Comment

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=...irection&meta=
        Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Comment

I worked out the answer. I created an unattended installation file for an installation from CD (winnt.sif). Apart from making the installation about three times as fast, it gives a fantastic level of granular control. I now have all user profiles pointing to D:\Home and I'm as happy as Larry.

If you haven't yet read it, I would recommend you go and have a look at
          http://unattended.msfn.org/index.htm

Comment

thx for the link. looks very good
            Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Comment

Working...
            X