Adobe Flash plugin deployment installation logs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Flash plugin deployment installation logs

I've looked around the forum and done a little google searching but found no help on this....

I've been asked to install 3000 copies of the latest adove flash plug due to an intranet redevelopment. Obviously I dont want to do this manually so i'm setting up some infrastructure to deploy this using GPO's on our windows 2000 domain (yeh yeh I know dont ask) the backend side of it i'm ok with but what my query is, is to ensure that I have 100% coverage (or close enough to it) I need some way of logging the installations once they are completed. Down adobe has a switch installer.msi /log \\server\adobe logs\computername.txt which I'd like to utilise if possible.

So my question....Does anyone know how to add switches on to a deployed package through GPO/GPMC or any ideas on how I could track these installations accurately?

I was thinking that I could attach a startup script ot the GPO but that will just let me know when the computers have been logged on rather than a succesful installation....

TYIA

Dave

Re: Adobe Flash plugin deployment installation logs

Check out the Adobe Customization Wizard, we use it to modify adobe reader MSI to suppress prompts, remove shortcuts etc You may be able to add your switch to the msi using this,

cheers,
    hazey

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but after looking in to this, it does only seem to support the adobe reader....however when the bosses do tell me to repeat this for adobe (which as always they tell you at the last minute, hence the extra work sorting the structure out) I'll be using this....thanks for the heads up

Comment

Armster are you using the Adobe Distribution Package or have you created your own MSI to deploy via GPO?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi biggles thanks for the reply, I'm trying to use the MSI provided by Adobe from their disrtibution section of the site.

Comment

Hi again,

I've decided as time is running out to push this out using a startup script.

msiexec /package \\domain.com\RootTarget\Adobe\Flash plugin\installer.msi /log \\server\adobeinstallogs\%COMPUTERNAME%.txt

due to the fact we have 20 offices on varying speed lines, its a requirement that wedo this using a DFS link. however when trying to have the startup script address anything in a DFS link is says the destinatiopn is unreachable. this is not a type and the location is browsable when i'm logged in. do DFS links only work with GPO's when logged in? so for user state deployments?

deploying to xp sp2/3 machines on a mix of windows server 2000/2003 servers and a window 2000 domain

Comment

Working...
            X