Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skype 4.2.32.155

Dear Friends,

Can some one help me out to disable options as below through Group policy in windows 2003 environment on Skype.

We are using Skype 4.2.32.155

1. File transfer between Skypes
    2. Show your screen and selection option.

Re: Skype 4.2.32.155

There is a useful site called that can give you some helpful links to managing Skype through GPOs
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...meta=&aq=f&oq=

Moved to Group Policy forum
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your adivce..

But I googled, no hope,,

need to blcok the Screen sharing option in skype. please help me, if you can, by using the script or some thing which is easier.

Comment

As far as I can tell the ADM template from Skype that used to exist (can't find a link to it anymore) was very limited.

Perhaps you should cover what you're using Skype for, how many users use it, and what type of network you have, and perhaps we can come up with an alternate solution?
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Dear Wired..

Thank you very much for your reply...

1. For only calling and chatting.
          2. 20 - 50 members.
          3. Domain network... (Windows server 2003), I meant to say, every user will use NT login id to login to the network.

I am having skype adm file, but it's not help me in this regard...I have attached the same for your reference...

By the way I have blocked file sharing option using the adm file through group policy...
          Attached Files

Comment

Is it solely for talking within the company, or for external Skype users / phone numbers?

Comment

It's not like that, external user's also.

Comment

Hi All,

I got it done this through group policy by modifying the registry entries of skype..

I would post you the procedure by next chat.

I thankful to all who given replies to me...

Comment

Well done, and thanks for reporting back!
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

Dear All,

All we need to do is, adding a dword entry in in the following path.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Skype\Phone\
                    Add a Dword and Name it as a "DisableScreensharing" set value as "1", if you could not find the key as \Skype\Phone under policies, create manually.

Here I am attaching reg file as text file (skype_disablefileandscreen.txt)

If you want apply these settings please change the file extesion .txt to .reg and Merge.

If you want block more settings find another txt, follow the procedure same as above (more_settings.txt)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X