Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: How Enforce Group Policy on certain group of Computers

Dear Experts,

I have installed Win 2003 and installed role of AD on it. There is another server also Win 2003 installed along with ISA server. This ISA Server is domain member of Active Directory Server.

When in AD Server I make change to group policy that prohibit access to control panel and make command for group policy refresh. I have observed that on client which are XP based machines the Control Panel disappears, this is fine but what is going on is that in AD Server itself and also On ISA Server computer the same condition is also applying, control panel also disappears from there, I don't want this, Please guide me for this. I want any conditions through group policy to be applied on Windows XP machines
    only and not on servers.

In Short help me how to enforce group policy changes to effect a group of computers based on department requirements and needs in an organization.

Waiting for your replies.

Thanks and Regards,
    Wajeeh

Re: HELP: How Enforce Group Policy on certain group of Computers

Firstly, if you have edited the default domain policy, i'd recomend to revert back the changes. Move the DCs to the DC container and other servers in a different OU as appropriate.
    Create a new OU, put all the client computer object you want the policy applied in there.
    Then create a new GPO withe the changes you need and link it to that OU.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I tried using GPMC but could not succeed. I have OU which have a member server on which ISA 2004 is running.

I have another OU in which client XP based computers are appearing. In DC container there is the AD Server.

Using GPMC I created a new GPO, modified the required settings of prohibit access to Control Panel and then linked this GPO to OU 'Win XP Clients' refreshed using command prompt 'gpupdate' on both the server and client machine but control panel is appearing.

Tell me do I need to log in to Client machine using Windows AD User? because right now I am trying this on Client machine using Domain Administrator.

Please advice.

Regards,
      Attached Files
      Last edited by wajeeh_r; 26th April 2010, 13:20. Reason: Wanted to Attach picture

Comment

That is a User Configuration policy so it needs to be linked to a OU that's got the user objects on it. If that doesn't work, can you post the GPO settings you have configured and either a GPresults from the client or a GP Result wizard for that client from GPMC?
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X