Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allowing installation for limited users through GPO .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allowing installation for limited users through GPO .

Iam using Windows server 2008 .I want that my all users which are connected with AD should install any software. Normally when they want to install any software it need a administrative credential to allow the installation process.
    I want that there should be a Group Policy that the users should at least allow to install any software.Please guide me that how can I fix it.

Mypass

Re: Allowing installation for limited users through GPO .

Hi,

This is my First reply to any Blog on Petril.co.il.

Hey Friend,

When you create a group policy.

After that open up the GPMC.MSC i.e. group policy management console.
    and you will have a security tab on the top or could be delegation.

It will show you the ACL for NTFS Permissions on the GPO.
    You can add the users /Groups to whom you need to provide access and check the NTFS permissions to REad and apply group policy..

PLease reply ....

Comment

Re: Allowing installation for limited users through GPO .

Originally posted by mypass604 View Post
      Iam using Windows server 2008 .I want that my all users which are connected with AD should install any software. Normally when they want to install any software it need a administrative credential to allow the installation process.
      I want that there should be a Group Policy that the users should at least allow to install any software.Please guide me that how can I fix it.

Mypass
      You want to let your users install ANY software they want? Is this correct? You are a very brave person. Hope you have images ready to deploy when your user machines infected with god knows what stops working.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X