Limit wireless access via GPO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit wireless access via GPO

Is it possible within AD/GPO to limit wireless SSID access to specific machine names?

We have a situation where we have multiple SSIDS but only want certain machines to access them?

Re: Limit wireless access via GPO

Can you provide a bit more info on the Domain and also what Security are you using for your Wireless?
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
      Can you provide a bit more info on the Domain and also what Security are you using for your Wireless?
      Its windows 2003. AP's are Cisco Aironet and plan is to use RAS based RADIUS authentication via PEAP

Need to know if I can lock down access to a specific SSID to AD objects (i.e. machine names). If not i'll have to use certs/IAS etc

Comment

Originally posted by pnearn View Post
        Its windows 2003. AP's are Cisco Aironet and plan is to use RAS based RADIUS authentication via PEAP

Need to know if I can lock down access to a specific SSID to AD objects (i.e. machine names). If not i'll have to use certs/IAS etc
        You can automatically deploy the wireless configuration with GPO for more: http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-6148576.html

When you create the policy, you link it to the OU with the Computer objects required. The same as any other Group policy.

Here is the manual way of doing the same: http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...tag=rbxccnbtr1

Whichever method you use, with PEAP authentication you'll have to use a Certificate, you can't use PSK with it.

HTH
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X