Script via GPO fail.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script via GPO fail.

I want to have a script run for certain users that will need to access a share on the network. I want the script to setup a network drive. The problem I have is, the users belong to different OU's and I don't want all the users in these OU's to have the mapped drive setup on their machines when they login.

For example:

Default Policy
    OU===Gen Users
    UserA
    UserB
    UserC

Execs Policy
    OU===Execs
    UserD
    UserE
    UserF

MGMT Policy
    OU==MGMT
    UserG
    UserH

Mktng Policy (Inheritance blocked)
    OU==Marketing
    Marketing Group (UserA, UserC, UserE, UserG)

Now, what I tried to do so far but have failed is, set a GPO at the Marketing OU to run a script to setup the mapped drive, but it fails to do so.

Why does this not work?

Windows 2003 server in a domain environment with Vista Business machines.
    Last edited by Mudd; 13th January 2010, 03:36. Reason: Added GPO that are in place

Re: Script via GPO fail.

Originally posted by Mudd View Post
    Now, what I tried to do so far but have failed is, set a GPO at the Marketing OU to run a script to setup the mapped drive, but it fails to do so.

Why does this not work?
    Windows 2003 server in a domain environment with Vista Business machines.
    On the Vista clients 'User Account Control' (UAC) prevent mapping of drives during logon, http://forums.petri.com/showpost.php...81&postcount=6

--

Originally posted by Mudd View Post
    I want the script to setup a network drive. The problem I have is, the users belong to different OU's and I don't want all the users in these OU's to have the mapped drive setup on their machines when they login.
    Create a Security group and add the users to that group. In the script define a groupmembership condition for mapping the drives.

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Re: Script via GPO fail.

Thanks for the reply Rem,

Here is what worked for me,

I created a logon.bat script

@echo off
      net use M: \\server\share

And placed it in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSVOL\sysvol\domain.com\scripts location.

Then I went to each user's profile in Active Directory needing this mapped drive and specified this script under "Profile>Logon Script" as what I named it "logon.bat"

Now when these users logon, this script runs and creates the mapped drive automatically for them.

Comment

Working...
      X