No announcement yet.

Problems creating WPA2 GPO

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems creating WPA2 GPO

Hello all, please bear with me for a little while, since I would like to describe the series of events that lead up to this.

I tried creating a Wireless policy with WPA2 enterprise for Radius authentication.
    I have an Active Directory with two 2003 R2 DCs.
    I exended the schema, per
    I'm using a Windows 7 client with Remote Server Administration Tools to create the policy (per same technet)
    I'm creating the policy, which has the GUID "GUID1" and it creates a Sysvol entry with GUID1 and a LDAP entry with CN="GUID1",CN=System,DC=mydomain,DC=local
    Here starts the trouble: after saving the policy, when viewing it in Group Policy Management, it is empty, i.e. it has not settings.
    After several seconds, it completely disappears from the list of Group Policy Objects and from Sysvol. At the same time, in LDAP, it creates another entry with CN="GUID1"CNF"SOMEOTHERGUID",CN=System,DC=mydomain ,DC=local alongisde the original entry. The original entry contains all the original policy settings and the new entry is empty.

In System log, Directory Services, on the dc that has the token for the pdc emulator (the one to which I'm connection to create the policy) I have the message:

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: NTDS Replication
    Event Category: Replication
    Event ID: 1226
    Date: 12/8/2009
    Time: 9:45:04 AM
    Computer: DC1
    The following object was created on a remote domain controller with an object name that already exists on the local domain controller.

CN="GUID1",CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=mydomain,DC=lo cal
    Object GUID:
    Existing object GUID:

The object with the following GUID will be renamed since the other object had this name more recently.

Object GUID:
    Renamed object name:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

I have to mention the fact that this ONLY happens when trying to create a WPA2 GPO, and not with any other kind of GPO.
    Also, dcdiag passess all the tests on both domain controllers.

Could you give me some pointers on what could go wrong with the policy creation?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by caruxandei; 8th December 2009, 09:51.