Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO and allowing installed programs to update

Hi guys,

I've tried searching through the forums for this and can't believe that no one has had this problem. I think I'm just searching the wrong topic probably.

My users keep getting prompted to allow Java updates, but needs admin priviledges. Is there a way to allow that program to update without the users having to have me ok the update?

I've searched allowing it through the GPO and only found something called SRP's, but not sure if that is the way to go.

Thanks in advance.

Re: GPO and allowing installed programs to update

you could try to create a GPO that has an software restriction policy that blocks jucheck.exe from starting ?

bio..

Comment

Ok, so your saying instead of trying to allow the program, just stop it all together? Then how would Java be updated?

Comment

You can use Software restriction Policy for both allowing/Blocking the program... Use to link to get more information about the same.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb457006.aspx

Regards,
        Pledge Technologies.
        Best Regards,
        Pledge Technologies

Comment

I just enabled SRP and out of about 10 PC's, one had trouble. The user claimed he was missing files from his desktop. He also received an error that a script didn't execute. Not sure why it only happend to him.

Anyway...

Comment

Working...
          X