Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use default gateway on VPN connection

Hello,

In my organization we have a VPN connection distribute via GPO. I need to enable the "Use default gateway on remote network" under the "Advanced TCP-IP Settings" of the connection.

Help me u guys...
    Thanks

Re: Use default gateway on VPN connection

I realized that when you distributed a vpn connection via GPO the option is by default disabled but once you create it on your local machine via the new VPN connection wizard the option is enabled. How come?

Comment

Just another network admin who would really like an answer to this. Been trying to find a way for days.

Comment

Well, there is a way.
        You can distribute an MSI file created with Connection Manager Administration Kit.

Comment

Thanks, but I was hoping for an easier way. After all, if it defaults to on when you create a VPN connection with the wizard, doesn't it make sense that it should do the same when created via the GPO?

From what I have found though, I'm going to have to use CMAK or powershell and XML
          http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...e-1a1696349905

Comment

Originally posted by parisps View Post
            Thanks, but I was hoping for an easier way. After all, if it defaults to on when you create a VPN connection with the wizard, doesn't it make sense that it should do the same when created via the GPO?
            I can think of so many things that make sense when you apply logic to them, but aren't implemented that way. The daftest thing I've found recently in Server 2003 is that Replmon shows the date twice on one screen, once in UK format and once in US format in the space of about 5 lines.

CMAK is actually quite easy to use although it looks intimidating, and it has the advantage that your users can't change settings in the VPN which I prefer. It eliminates the possibility of users breaking things.
            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
            sigpic
            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

The thing is that I want the MSI package will run automatically. I don't think i can't distribute it unless i get rid of the "Yes or No" dialog in the beginning of it and the "Add Shortcut" dialog:

I've searched in all kinds of MSI editors just couldn't find the right parameter.

Comment

You could give Orca.exe (Part of the SDK tools for windows installer) a try to edit the MSI package and create a Transform file which you can add on the GPO.
                Or Instedit, another free MSI editor.
                Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

UPDATE:
                  -----------
                  I've managed to get rid of "Yes or No" dialog. What I've done is to convert the "VPN.exe" file that was created by the CMAK wizard to
                  "VPN.msi" using Qwertylab "exe to msi converter" downloaded from here:

http://www.qwertylab.com/FreeTools.aspx

The trick is to add the /q argument before clicking the "Build MSI". This will create a quite installation.

It is still not make the "Add Shortcut" dialog disappear.

Comment

Working...
                  X