Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrict desktop through GPO

Dear Friends

I am loooking a solution for the below problem. Restrict the users to save or create any documents on desktop through group policy. We can do the same through folder redirection but we want to do through GPO, please suggest if any group policy setting available on Windows 2003.

Thanks
    Atp

Re: Restrict desktop through GPO

Hi,

The answer depends on what type of profiles are you using at the moment. You can look into the Mandatory profiles or redirecting the desktop folder and controlling the access permissions to it by giving the users read only.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the reply, Yes you are right, we can do the same through folder redirection and mandatory profile, but I want to know that if there are any policy in windows 2003 for desktop restriction, because some time in my domain i have noticed user are not able to save the data in his desktop, they are using local profile and not folder redirection enabled. I have try to find all of the policy but no luck, please suggest.

Thanks
      Atp

Comment

Have you looked through GP results wizard in GPMC for the affected computer/user to see what policies are applied?
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X