Missing Software Settings Node From User Configuration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Software Settings Node From User Configuration

I'm trying to roll out some MSI packges out to a group of user in our AD but when I go to the gpo and edit the user configuration the software settings it's missing the sofware installation node. Why is this I cant figure this one out and its not only just that group it happens to every gpo I try to edit.

Re: Missing Software Settings Node From User Configuration

Could be that you have a corrupt default domain policy. You could look into the DCGPOFIX /domain command.

bio..

Comment

Thanks. I just found the fix right before I ran that command. I was going to copy all the settings defined in the default domain policy with a screen shot then noticed under User Configurations/Administrative Templates/
      Windows Components/Microsoft Management Console/Restricted/Permitted snap-ins/Group Policy/Group Policy snap-in extensions Software Installation (Users) the settings was set to disable doahhhh!!! sometime the easiest answer is right in front of you thanks again I would never have looked if you wouldn't have pointed that command..

Comment

THX for the feedback.. should be handy for others

bio..

Comment

Moved to GPO
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X