GPO's not applying to Windows 2008 SP2 servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO's not applying to Windows 2008 SP2 servers

We have a 2003 domain environment. We have several GPO's at the domain and OU levels that are working without a problem. We added new Windows 2008 SP2 servers to our domain, not DC's. We noticed that the GPO's are not being applying.

We have a login script(vbs) that sets drive mappings but does not run. Checked gpresults and results show the policies are applied. Check gpo logs on the new servers and there are not errors. Ran RSOP and it shows the policies are applied.

If we do a gpupdate /force, the GPOs are applied. If double click on the login script the drive mappings are set. However, this only lasts as long as i'm logged in. Once I logoff, all settings are lost.

Would anyone have an idea, why this is happenning?

Thanks,
    Eliud

Re: GPO's not applying to Windows 2008 SP2 servers

Did you ever solve this? I am having a similar issue!

Comment

Re: GPO's not applying to Windows 2008 SP2 servers

one minor observation that you can check and confirm. Go to GPO and select the option/feature that you want to enable or disable and check the applies to section under the description of the feature. I faced this issue not in windows 2008 but in Wndows XP & Vista mixed environment where the GPOs are applied to Vista but not to XP because to applies to section does not talk about XP.

Comment

Working...
      X