Folder Redirection...tried almost everything

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Redirection...tried almost everything

I have searched and searched but can not find out why my redirection doesn't work.

I am moving users from one domain to another and then moving their profiles over. I have everything working fine. Now, I want to redirect their documents to either their home folder (as set in AD) or even just to a UNC path (that leads to the same place as their home folder) which is a share on a server (\\nt01\Userdocs\).

I have tried every option for "Target folder location" and pointed to the UNC path. I have checked the "Apply to XP, 2003..." on the settings tab.

I have tried applying the GPO to the user and the computer. There are no errors in the event viewer on the workstation or server.

I can manually set the My Documents path from the workstation and it works fine.

We are migrating from 2003 to 2008 domain and the workstations are XP. I have not given users local admin permissions which I have read about, but it doesn't seem to be a requirement on Technet.

The only think I can think of is that all of the users have their folders manually redirected (a setting from the old domain) Does this cause an issue? Is there a way around it?

I am at a loss.
    Thank you,

Marc

Re: Folder Redirection...tried almost everything

NEVERMIND....I have been messing with this for a week. I just removed all redirection settings from any GPOs and just made a redirection GPO, applied it to the user OU and it worked great.

Sorry for wasting your time.
    Thank you,

Marc

Comment

Re: Folder Redirection...tried almost everything

Thanks for posting back with your fix. Greatly appreciated.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X