Help how to use the Software after I Assign Software Deploymnent in GPO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help how to use the Software after I Assign Software Deploymnent in GPO

I already Assigned Software Deployment with GPO in Server.( i assigned the GPO with acro.msi Adobe Acrobat software)
    Now, I Login in the user computer n I want to open the PDF file buat the file is still unrecognized by the windows.
    Is there anyone can tell me why the Setting that i've done in GPO cant works??
    Thx be4.

Re: Help how to use the Software after I Assign Software Deploymnent in GPO

If you've assigned the software it should have installed at logon. Can you actually see the program in the start menu? If it has installed then it should recognise PDF files, unless the file associations are somehow messed up.

Also, are you hoping to apply this GPO per user or per computer? If you've configured the settings under the 'user configuration' section, the GPO must be assigned to an OU that contains the users you want it to apply to.

Comment

I cant see it in the start menu programs.
      When i check in the file association menu its appear empty.( why??)
      I assigned the GPO under user configuration section.
      I've already addigned it to the OU where the user exist.
      Can u give me more clues??

Comment

Is the UNC path to the software location definitely correct? Does the user definitely have permission to read from this location?

You could try Group Policy Results from the Group Policy Management console, this should show you which GPOs are and aren't applying and let you know of any conflicts between GPOs. Hopefully this might be of some help.

Comment

For your information, Im newbie in Windows Server 2003.
          How can I know/ check if the user have permission to read from this location?
          Few day ago i've try Group Policy Management console (i just install but i dont how how to use it)
          Can u tell me how to use the GPMC??
          Thx,.

Comment

Working...
          X