Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer Favorites GPO

Hello,

I have set up a GPO to dish out certain favorites to users via User Config -> Windows Settings -> IE Maintenance ->URLs -> Favorites and Links
    I've added several URL's into here and the users can see them fine. The problem is if I add or remove and favorites in this GPO this isn't being updated for the users and they can't see the new or deleted favorites.

I've tried gpupdate /force and also enabled the Internet Explorer Maintenance policy processing under Computer Config -> Admin Templates -> System -> Group Policy

Not sure if this makes a difference but users favorites are also redirected to their network home folder via a custom adm. User Config -> Admin Templates ->Windows Components -> IE -> Favorites

Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: Internet Explorer Favorites GPO

Originally posted by Server_Guy View Post
    Not sure if this makes a difference but users favorites are also redirected to their network home folder
    What do you mean by "network home folder"? Do you have roaming profiles enabled, and if so is this where the server copy is stored?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: Internet Explorer Favorites GPO

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      What do you mean by "network home folder"?
      Not roaming profiles. Users have their My Documents remapped to a share on a server. This is mapped in the users AD account on the Home folder section.

For example Connect: U: to: \\servername\home$\%username%

The favorites are redirected to each users home folder

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X