No announcement yet.

steps involved in creating a customized marquee text screensaver on a domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steps involved in creating a customized marquee text screensaver on a domain

Hi, everyone.

I would so much appreciate every hlp.

I was told to create a customized marquee text screen saver on our domain controller but I don't know how exactly to go about it. Can any one please give me very detailed steps of how to carry this out?

Thanks in anticipation!

Re: steps involved in creating a customized marquee text screensaver on a domain

First of all you'd get a coder to make your screensaver, which is basically a .exe renamed to .scr.

Then, you will publish that file to all machines, using a GPO, script, put it in your image, etc.

Then you can create a GPO to force the usage of that particular .scr .
    VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Comment

Re: steps involved in creating a customized marquee text screensaver on a domain

Can you not configure the default marquee screensaver via GPO?
      Second link here:
      http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...meta=&aq=f&oq=

Note need to go via google to see content in Expert Exchange -- scroll down for reg fix
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Actually, I read somewhere that I need to make use of a particular software, 'ssmarque.scr'. When I searched for it on google, what i saw there was not relevant to what i need the software for but I was able to find another software 'marquee launcher'. I want to know if I can make use of the later one following the same procedure used by the person who made use of the previous one (ssmarque.scr).

Comment

Working...
        X