Folder Redirection in Workgroup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Redirection in Workgroup

How to manage folder redirection in workgroup environment.

How it works can any one explain the architecture.
    Last edited by luvali; 14th September 2009, 12:41.

Re: Folder Redirection in Workgroup

I don't believe folder redirection will work in a workgroup environment. The local group policy does not have those options on a workgroup computer. However, you relocate the My Documents folder via these instructions in a workgroup.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

You can change any of the shell folder paths by manually editing the Registry, or by merging the required settings from a REG file (bold indicates what to Google ).
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

There used to be a nice little applet called TweakUI which, among a lot of other things, allowed you to do this
        Since we don't know the OS, its difficult to say what more is needed, but I like the idea of rolling out a REG file to do the job
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X