There is no such object on the server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no such object on the server

I'm trying to create a new Wireless Network Policy. I can't get that section of the policy using Group Policy Mgt Console from my XP workstation, but I did find it on our 2003 DC. Problem is when I try to create, then save the policy I get an error:
    Wireless Network Policy Management
    The following error occured when saving Wireless data:
    There is no such object on the server (80072030)
    Our PDC emulator is on a 2000 DC, is that the problem?

Re: There is no such object on the server

Originally posted by Rixter View Post
    Our PDC emulator is on a 2000 DC, is that the problem?
    Presumably you upgraded the schema before you were able to add the 2003 DC, so that is unlikely to be the problem.

Originally posted by Rixter View Post
    I can't get that section of the policy using Group Policy Mgt Console from my XP workstation
    Just to confirm, you're definately using GPMC which you've installed on the workstation, not gpedit which comes with Windows?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Definitely updated schema, infact we're at the R2 level (which I can't recall the build number) and yes I'm using the GPMC for sure.

Comment

Ok. I'm in the middle of upgrading our engineers to the latest version of their CAD package but will have a play around shortly - someone else may have some ideas in the meantime.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Ok, so I rebooted our DC, which hadn't been for 82 days, and now I can create the object. First problem solved. We're just using WEP (I know, I know, security is aweful, etc; not a problem we have to use a VPN client to tunnel into our network). I've deselected the checkbox that the WEP key is provided, but there's no place for me to actually put in our WEP key.

Any ideas on that would be appreciated.

Thx

Comment

Working...
          X