Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy Management Console and Folder Rights/Redirecton Issues

Hello guys,

We recently setup a new network with brand new clients (7 PC's) and a brand new 2K3 Server Standard.

I wanted to have the user's My Documents to redirect to a directory on the server, and from what I knew Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) had that option.

We went ahead and did the redirect but two things that did not come out as we imagined they would.

First issue was that the GPMC's My Documents redirection did not affect the users who were not local admins on their respective machines, once I changed that the redirect worked (there are only 7 machines so it was not a problem to change that, but for a larger network I probably had to use a script).

Did I do something wrong either on the server (GPMC) or on the client end to create this issue or is this how its supposed to be?

The second problem would be that after the redirect of the folders, I, logged in as a domain admin on the server, lost access to the My Pictures folder inside each user's My Documents folder but all the other folders inside were accessible like sample music and sample videos folders that Windows creates for each user.

I checked the root folder and Admins group is the owner with share rights propagating to child folders.

So why is it that just those My Pics folders are giving me those issues and what can I do to fix the problem without going to each folder and reassigning rights to them.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank You
    Last edited by spetcnaz; 2nd September 2009, 00:00.

Re: Group Policy Management Console and Folder Rights/Redirecton Issues

guys any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated

Comment

This is pretty much all covered in the MS documentation.

- Security
      - Sub-folders (Pictures etc)
      - Ownership
      - etc.

http://www.google.com/search?q=folde...x=&startPage=1

Comment

Originally posted by bunce View Post
        This is pretty much all covered in the MS documentation.

- Security
        - Sub-folders (Pictures etc)
        - Ownership
        - etc.

http://www.google.com/search?q=folde...x=&startPage=1
        Thank you I will go through those

Comment

Working...
        X