Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing software via GPO and machine security group.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing software via GPO and machine security group.

Hi,

I've created a GPO in the root of our domain for installation of an .msi. I have security filtered this GPO by a group called Software Installation. Software Installation contains the workstations I want the software on. I noticed the software wasn't installing.

When I do a RSOP on these machines, under Security Group Membership when Group Policy was applied most don't even know they are members of the Software Installation group even though they've been in it for days.

Any ideas?

Re: Installing software via GPO and machine security group.

Presumably you've rebooted the computers? Guessing you must have done to have tried the software installation...

gpupdate /force might be worth a try but I'm not sure if that'll help if the computers don't appear to be in the right security group.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: Installing software via GPO and machine security group.

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      Presumably you've rebooted the computers? Guessing you must have done to have tried the software installation...

gpupdate /force might be worth a try but I'm not sure if that'll help if the computers don't appear to be in the right security group.
      Machines have been rebooted countless times and GPUPDATE /Force countless times.

I agree that they don't appear to be in the security group. However.....

Machine Security Group For Software Installation

RSOP

Comment

Working...
      X