Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 server Group plocy for USB storage disable

Hi,

I want to create a group. Only members of that group will not able to use USB storage in the domain. To do this i have done as attached. After completing all i have restarted my DC and my computer. I made my self member of that group. When i log on to my workstation i found the policy is not working.

i have done this according to as follows

http://www.petri.com/disable_usb_disks_with_gpo.htm

Please help me to disable USB storage device in my network using GP.

Regards
    Allhabijabi
    Attached Files

Re: Windows 2003 server Group plocy for USB storage disable

HAve you run RSOP / Group Policy Reporting Wizard to see what policies are being applied?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Get rid of the group and put the users in an OU, GPOs can't easily be applied to individual groups without using GP Filters.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by hellobd View Post
        When i log on to my workstation i found the policy is not working.
        In what sense?

Also, should this not have been posted in the GPO forum? A moderator will probably move this shortly...

Edit: Wow replies are like buses - nothing for 10 minutes then three at once
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          HAve you run RSOP / Group Policy Reporting Wizard to see what policies are being applied?

I have run Rsop, but i did not found that new policy there!!!

Comment

Are you sure you have linked the policy to an OU or to the domain, as well as just creating it?
            Is the user in a lower level OU with "block policy inheritance" enabled?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Are you sure you have linked the policy to an OU or to the domain, as well as just creating it?
              Is the user in a lower level OU with "block policy inheritance" enabled?

Hi,

Thanks for your help, Have you checked the PDF file attached with my topic. if no please check that one.

No i did not enabled "block policy inheritance". should I ?

thanks

Comment

From checking your PDF it appears the GPO is linked directly to the OU. A simple "Yes" to my first question would have saved us both some time

No you should not block inheritance unless you need to That will stop a policies reaching a lower level OU

Can you post the output of your RSOP?
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

From checking your PDF it appears the GPO is linked directly to the OU. A simple "Yes" to my first question would have saved us both some time

No you should not block inheritance unless you need to That will stop a policies reaching a lower level OU

Can you post the output of your RSOP?
                  Dear,

Sorry!!!

Please see result of Rsop as attached

thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

How about using Group Policy Results in GPMC? It is generally a more informative tool (you can compare with modelling as well)
                    Also check other policies are applied!
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

How will i do that? please!!!!!!

Comment

Do you have Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) installed -- probably on a domain controller. If not, download it from here:
                        http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/d...displaylang=en and install

At the bottom you will see "Group Policy Results"
                        Right click and use the wizard
                        Tom Jones
                        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                        IT Trainer / Consultant
                        Ossian Ltd
                        Scotland

Comment

Working...
                        X