No announcement yet.

Lotus Notes upgrade

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotus Notes upgrade

Hi all,

I'm trying to update lotus notes 7 to 8.5 trough GPO but I can't seem to get it right...

Problem is (I think) that lotus notes 7 was never pushed, it's built in in the image that we use.

So far I've tried to assign the msi along with the transform file, when I do this from the desktop, this method works. But when I try to do it trough GPO nothing seems to happen.

I gave up on that method, created a batchfile and used this batchfile as a login script... Again an error, when I run it from my desktop, the batch works without any problems, when I use it as a loginscript, the setup aborts prematurely.

I can't help but thinking that I do something wrong, but what?

Please help

Re: Lotus Notes upgrade

Try running it as a startup script rather than a login script. Login scripts run under the credentials of the logged in user - for anyone other than IT staff, they won't (shouldn't) have the necessary permissions to install software.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Lotus Notes upgrade

look here:
      OneManITShop - IT Consultant
      eMail: [email protected]