Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows search desktop version 4 GPO

Hi guys!

I just wanted to ask you, where to get ADMs for Windows search? I got one from desktop computer where Windows search 4 was installed, copied it to "C:\Windows\SYSVOL\DOMAIN.local\Policies\{GUID-HERE}\Adm" , then I edited it GPO manager, but on clients this does not get applied...

Any idea here?

Thanks!

Re: Windows search desktop version 4 GPO

I'm sure you could have Googled for this... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940157
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I did, and I also found ADM from extracted files... But search GPO does not get applied on client...

No errors are shown either... Windows search 4 is installed on client and if I run gpedit.msc on client there is also administrative template under Windows components named Search which is OK...

Strange one

Comment

Sorry guys...

I was looking at Local policy on client computer...

Settings ARE actually applied...

Sorry again for stupid question...

Comment

A little tip for next time; run rsop.msc from command line to find out what is actually being applied.

Comment

Working...
          X