No announcement yet.

USB and CD blocking

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB and CD blocking

• I have a problem with block USB storage device and CD Driver on a certain domain users. I want to restrict some domain users from accessing USB storage device and CD Driver but allow all another as Administrator. as, if the restricted group tries to access any PC, they can't use USB or CD-ROM where the others can access.
    I try many ways but I field as use the GPO to change in a system file or registry but these ways block over the whole machine not over the restricted users only.

I need to block the using of the USB and CD over all machines for all users except the administrators (Domain and Local).

can any one help me in that issue?

• what about the security filter on GPMC that tell me that the group that listen to the policies.
    When I try to using the security filtering to apply the Policy over the selected users and run the command rsop.msc, I didn't find the Administrative templates.
    and when I put the Authenticated Users in the security filter it works fine but block overall.
    • I find that it is logical to block the devices over the normal user and allow it for administrators over the same machine but I can't configure it, Can you help me

Re: USB and CD blocking

How did you create the policy or in what way exactly are you currently blocking the USB-drives?
    What OSs are on the clients and servers?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Another question: what those users (that are not Administrators) need access to on that computer? C: only?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Hi All,

I want to tell you that:
        • the server OS is windows 2003 server sp1
        • thr clients OS is windows XP pro. sp2.
        • the users is domain users (Limited or normal users)
        I want to apply restrictions for all users except the administrator (domain or local)