No announcement yet.

Hide Accessories from the start menu

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide Accessories from the start menu

Hi Friends

I want to hide the accessories option from the start menu, how can i do this i have enabled some settings through GPO but no luck, please advice me how can i hide these option also if possible to hide the Programs menu from the start menu if yes then please advice.

Re: Hide Accessories from the start menu

Originally posted by Ajay.pant View Post
    i do this i have enabled some settings through GPO but no luck
    Maybe if you were to tell us which settings you've tried?

In any case, I don't believe there is any setting to remove Programs from the Start Menu, or Accessories from Programs. Maybe you should try removing options from the Programs menu, rather than removing the menu? Either by deleting the shortcuts, or by setting permissions on them.

You may or may not be able to delete the Accessories folder. Again, delete entries within there or set permissions on them.

Remember that both of these folders reference multiple locations - the All Users profile, and each individual user's profile.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.