My Documents not redirecting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Documents not redirecting

I did a cursory search on the forum and a fairly extensive search on Google, to seemingly no avail.

Environment:
    Windows 2003 Active Directory Native
    DC's are W2K3 SP2
    Server hosting home drives is W2K3 SP2
    Client computers are Windows XP SP3

Description:
    Having issues with server that hosts home drives. Changed home drive location for all users in profile section and redirected them via GPO.

After several days, I got messages from users complaining they couldn't get into their My documents folder. H: drive (home drive) is fine. I noticed that the registry keys that set my documents are still pointing to the old home drive.

I temporarily allowed (via GPO) users to change their My Docs path so I could fix the issue while they were logged in.

ALSO... after the issue was corrected manually, users can't browse my documents when they are saving documents in Office 2007.

Properties:
    Root folder: D:\Home
    Administrators (Full Control)
    Creator Owner (Special) Subfolder and folders only (Full Control)
    System (Full Control)

Individual Home folders:
    Same as root
    Each individual user (Full Control)

Let me know if I need to provide more information and thanks!!!

Re: My Documents not redirecting

Hello? Did I not provide enough info? Do my armpits smell?

Comment

Originally posted by Parkham View Post
      Hello? Did I not provide enough info? Do my armpits smell?
      Hi, yes, enough info imo. Hard to tell on the second one.... my smellovision PCIEx card is not working properly
      Back on topic have you got client side verbose logging enabled? The fdeploy.log can give you a better insight http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...67(WS.10).aspx
      Last edited by L4ndy; 21st July 2009, 15:57.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I'll turn it on and get back with you. Thanks. Although I'm not sure that type of logging will tell me why the computer's registry settings didn't change to reflect the new my documents location.

Will check it out though!

Comment

Well.....update. It looked like the policy wasn't updating on some of the computers for some reason.. a different bag of worms..thanks for the info though!

Comment

Working...
          X