gpo from ou on users folder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gpo from ou on users folder

I made gpo for ou 'Azuriranje' and the gpo work ok. Now i want to apply same gpo on users folder(Active Directory) and all users in them. What i do?
    thank's

Re: gpo from ou on users folder

The users container is at the domain level, so you will need to apply the gpo to the domain
    Alternatively create an OU for the users, move them from the users container into the OU and then apply the GPO to the OU

IMHO the second is preferable as it will not have potentially side effects on the whole domain
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

can i make ou for users and to use gpo that i made for ou 'Azuriranje and how?

Comment

Dont use the default container for "users". Policies do not apply to default containers (users and computers) create a fresh OU and link the GPO to that.

Comment

To clarify: Any GPO linked at the Site or Domain level is applied to the default containers (Computers and Users containers).

Comment

If i move computer accounts from the default ou computers to the new ou 'Government computers' i won't make problems? On ou computers i don't have gpo.

Comment

Thats because you cant apply policies to the default containers. They will only inherit what is specified in the default domain policy which affects all OU's globally. Whatever policies you have linked to your "Government" OU and whatever policies are inherited from OU's above or at domain level are that which will apply.

Comment

No, i will make this OU and then i will link a policy from OU 'Azuriranje' on OU 'Government'

Comment

Working...
                X