Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Policies To Automate Domain Functions

Hi,

Although I'm not new to 2003 I am relatively inexperienced with group policies. I am currently building a new virtual domain on ESXi 4 to which I will migrate my physical clients but I would like to automate a number of tasks such as drive mappings (to specific letters), attaching printers, possibly even running software installs (I intend to have WSUS running in the domain so Windows update shouldn't be a problem).

I suppose one way to do it would be to have some kind of script run at first log on but I'd be interested in suggestions as there may be some better ways to achieve what I want.

Thanks

Kyu
    J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
    The Abyssal Void War: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Re: Using Policies To Automate Domain Functions

Not sure what setup your after in the long run but you should note that your main DC should not be virtual as their are latency issues with ESXi clocks...

It works fine for a failover and slave but wouldn't recommend a pure virtual DC enviroment.

All the best

Comment

Re: Using Policies To Automate Domain Functions

Originally posted by Flux View Post
      Not sure what setup your after in the long run but you should note that your main DC should not be virtual as their are latency issues with ESXi clocks... It works fine for a failover and slave but wouldn't recommend a pure virtual DC enviroment.
      It's a home/dev environment so hopefully that won't be too much of an issue.

Kyu
      J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
      The Abyssal Void War: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Comment

Working...
      X