Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software Install for Non admins

Hi All

Here is one that google once again cant answer for me, I have a group of users with their own GPO and monthly they receive a CD from the same vender which has updated advice stuff on it.

How do I allow only this group to install only this software? or install anything just for this group?

Re: Software Install for Non admins

Does the CD allow for a network install or "run from network share"?
    If so, copy to LAN and restrict permissions to the group only
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

Have you deployed the existing software via GPO?
      If so you could do the same with the upgrade if it comes as an MSI and use the Upgrade tab in the properties of the Software installation policy.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thanks for the replys,
        I will go get CD now and see what installer it uses etc.. will post once i find out

Comment

Ok this software comes from Citizens Advice Bureau. It has an MSI installer so I guess I will put this in the read only app folder like my other applications and allow them to install "publish mode"..

going to test this right now

Comment

Well this package did come with an MSI, published this and managed to install with no issues.!

Thanks All

Comment

Working...
            X