Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Format USB drive

Hi Again

This might be a simple one but google and the forum search has let me down for this answer.

How do I allow users in GPO to format their USB Pen Drives? I cant see any clear setting in default GPO to allow this function?

Re: Format USB drive

Sorry to answer a question with a question but why do they need that ability? Why not just delete the contents or is there a GPO with USB restrictions running?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Moved to GPO forum
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Because their is no harm in allowing them to format a usb stick, They could just delete items on the stick but may not deleted hidden items on the stick that all sorts of programs can use.

Comment

So have you already disabled formatting through GPO?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Have a look at this GPO setting:
            Computer Configuration- windows settings- Security Settings-Local Policies-Security Options and look for Devices: Allowed to format and eject removable media

Enable it for Administrators and interactive users

This should work assuming they are NTFS formatted I think.
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Once again L4ndy you have come up with the right answer! youre a star!

Comment

Working...
              X